India’s Ranking & Index in different indices 2022
Different organization/ agency releases a list of countries with the ranking and Index in different indices every year. In the govt. exams, India’s Ranking and the country on the first rank in the respective indices are asked. So, here, we are providing you with an article “India’s Ranking and index in Different Indices in the year 2021-22″.
Nationalization of banks list 2022
In the modern era, banking started in the colonial period with the establishment of the Bank of Hindustan which was established in the year 1770.
In the modern era, banking started in the colonial period with the establishment of the Bank of Hindustan which was established in the year 1770. Post-independence, the government of India took numerous steps to improve the country’s economic development, and one of the major steps they took was establishing RBI in April 1935. Later in 1948, under the terms of the RBI Act, they gave notice to nationalized the banks and then in 1949.
After Independence, the banking sector was being regulated by the Reserve Bank of India which is the central authority. By this time only the State Bank of India was a major government bank and the rest were private-owned. To meet the need of the Indian economy, the banks were nationalized in the years 1969 and 1980.
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
09 November 2021
Breaking the hype around Metaverse:
Its commodification in the hands of one corporation could be detrimental to the Web 3.0 decentralisation movement
- ‘Metaverse’ is a broad term encompassing interconnected 3D virtual worlds made possible through advancements in technologies such as augmented reality (AR)/virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchains.
- Literal Meaning: The term metaverse is made up of two terms “meta" and “universe". The prefix “meta" comes from Greek and means beyond, after or across. Thus metaverse, would connote a place that is beyond the world or the universe as we know it, one that exists in the virtual realm but feels just as real. The term has originated from Neal Stephenson’s 1992 speculative science fiction novel, Snow Crash.
- Data collection: It takes a lot of personal data to process virtual reality. This reality has an avatar of you which makes you experience the virtual world. Each interaction with your avatar is a data collection and data processing exercise.
Daily Current Affairs
India-France Defence Partnership
Recently, at the India-France strategic dialogue, both countries resolved to expand the defence and security partnership by enhancing intelligence sharing, bolstering capabilities, expanding military drills and pursuing new initiatives in maritime, space and cyber domains.
Highlights of the Dialogue:
Support to ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’: France reiterated its commitment to India’s vision of “Atmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India)” and defence industrialisation, joint research and technology development in India across a wide range of advanced capabilities.
France’s Indo-Pacific Strategy: France stressed its continuing commitment to the Indo-Pacific region as a “resident power”, and partnership with India as a “major pillar” of its strategy for the region.
Daily Current Affairs – 02 July 2021
- The World UFO Day (WUD) is held on July 2 every year globally. It is a day dedicated to the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) by World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO).
- WUD aims to raise awareness about the existence of UFOs and encouraging people to think about the possibility of us not being alone in the Universe.
- Initially, the day was observed on June 24. Later, WUFODO established July 2 to commemorate the day.
- World Sports Journalists Day is observed on July 2 every year to celebrate the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports.
- Th day was established in 1994 to commemorate 70th anniversary of International Sports Press Association (ISPA).
- The ISPA was founded in London on the July 2, 1924 during the Summer Olympics in Paris.
Daily Current Affairs : 08th April 2021
Dr Harsh Vardhan and Arjun Munda launches Tribal Health Collaborative ‘Anamaya’
- The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan and the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda jointly launched ‘Anamaya’, the Tribal Health Collaborative on April 07, 2021, through video conference. The initiative is supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- Anamaya is a multi-stakeholder initiative to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities of India by converging efforts of various Government agencies and organisations.
- As part of this Collaborative, the Ministry will undertake several activities such as setting up the National Council on Tribal Health to drive policy initiatives in tribal health, the establishment of a Health Cell to closely monitor healthcare delivery in the tribal areas and devising mechanisms to implement the Tribal Health Action Plan.
CJI launches top court’s AI-driven research portal ‘SUPACE’
- The Supreme Court of India has launched it’s Artificial Intelligence portal “SUPACE” (Supreme Court Portal for Assistance in Courts Efficiency). Through this portal, the SC intends to leverage machine learning to deal with the vast amounts of data received at the time of filing of cases.
- Justice L Nageshwara Rao, who is also the chairman of the SC’s Artificial Intelligence Committee, delivered the opening address during the virtual launch of SUPACE.
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde was the first-ever chairman of the Artificial Intelligence Committee.
- CJI Bobde first spoke of the use of AI to assist the Supreme Court soon after he took oath as the Chief Justice in 2019.